Sunday, May 30, 2010

Greetings from Antibes-Juan les Pins (Adventures with MooReece con't)


Salut la visite!

As I write this we have arrived safe and soundly and moved into our home away from home (aka the Bedrock) for the next month. This lovely little hole in the wall is located at 26 rue du Haut Castelet and is apparently one of the most picturesque streets in all of the French Riviera. We are located right in the middle of the OLD town of Antibes, only a few hundred meters away from the Remparts (old city wall which is well over a few centuries old) and only a few more hundred meters away from the nearest beach. SHOCK - Mooreece and I have not had the opportunity to step foot on one yet... but that shall come soon. Been too busy exploring and getting our bearings. This town is a MAZE of alleyways and backways and sideways that all lead to either the town square or the water. It's so easy to get lost, you can't get lost, just keep walking and you'll always end up at either end somehow.

There are more restaurants in this little itty bitty town than there is in all of Sudbury! No JOKE! Although 90% are French cuisine, there are random SUSHI bars, Indian and Thai restaurants and my personal favourite a FALAFEL shop! I can't believe how everything I've read about French culture is right down to a T! Wine is sold EVERYWHERE! In fact on the corner of our street (or what goes for a street corner in this town) is CAVE A VIN... SO much better than Jem Mart! And if it's not a wine shop, it's a boulangerie! Good thing I've put about 20 miles on my legs since I've been here because I WILL get fat! (And for those of you who I told that an LMI gym was around the corner... not so - it's closed :( But I'm a 10 minute train ride :) I miss my classes already - it's on the menu for Thursdays and Mondays)

We sprung a leak in the bathroom but otherwise the apartment is too cute for words. It's fully stocked (we even have a spice rack) but we have to buy food and toilet paper. NECESSITIES! MooReece and I could really grow to like this place. The weather is PERFECT (not too hot, not too cold) and there are Yachts as far as the eye can see. Maybe I just might get on one - you only live once right? HAHAHA...

A la prochaine!

No comments:

Post a Comment