Sunday, May 30, 2010

Adventures with MooReece - Bags are packed, off we go!


Well to put it simply the last few days have been nothing short of 'stressful'. Leave it to me to wait until the very LAST minute to get everything done and make sure I have everything I need. Aside from my minor meltdown on Thursday night I think I did quite well considering and so far I've only forgotten 1 thing. My camera connector cord to transfer my pictures to my netbook. Luckily though I picked up a card reader in Brussels (well the Brussels Airport) aka largest chocolate store in the WORLD! AHHHHHHMAZING! I'm not even hungry and my mouth is salivating at the endless array of truffles and other delicacies. I am in GODIVA heaven.

It's 9:03 am here and 3:03am back in Sudbury and I've almost been up 24 hours (although I did get a light nap on the plane). A most enjoyable experience so far. Neither Pearson nor Brussels is busy and I found my way around like a pro. One thing I notice as I sit at gate A46 awaiting my boarding call to Nice is that it is VERY QUIET here. There are hundreds of people around and I've been in libraries louder than this. I'm going to fit in GREAT with all these low speaking people. GAH!


Mooreece has already made it into a few pictures (Pearson gate, plane, Brussels...and my personal favourite: STARBUCKS in this beautiful Belgian airport!) I WILL NOT BE STARBUCKS DEPRIVED TODAY! In fact, I've added this mission to my list. To take a picture of every STARBUCKS I see. All for you J! :)


I will be boarding my flight to Nice shortly and by the time you all wake up I will be in the French Riviera. I miss you all already and I'm glad I have Mooreece with me to keep me company until I make some friends in France. This is surreal. I know I'm in a different world now and it's amazing and frightening all at the same time.

J'vous aime bien gros! xoxo Amy


p.s. ALOT of GOOD LOOKING European Men and I haven't even left the airport yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment