Friday, December 31, 2010

Someday I'll be Saturday Night...

It's 11:34 pm on December 31st 2010 and I'm waiting to ring in the New Year (THANK HEAVENS!) Of course I know you're wondering what a charming young lady such as myself is doing at home at 11:35 pm on New Year's Eve. Well, I will tell you. I have passed the stage of getting wasted and paying a small fortune on a night out in Sudbury where nothing exciting ever really happens anyways so instead my lovely friends and I did the old foggie thing and caught a movie. Apparently we were not the only ones with that idea as the theatre was packed! We caught an early show thinking we'd hit up a bar for a drink and some munchies post-flick. That's when it got interesting. Little did we know that EVERYTHING (almost) closes at like 10pm on NYE. But we're HUNGRY! Options are now limited... after exploring MIC, Casey's, Boston Pizza and on our way to "the eg" (yes the K is still burnt out) I thought "what about Pizza Hut? They got to be still open!" So I swerve into the other lane and make a break for it. Did I mention it's so foggy I can barely see the front end of my car? We pull into the Hut with no expectations, we'd already been let down 3 times thus far (so much for 3rd time's a charm huh?), and climb out of the VW. A little celebration took place when we read the sign saying December 31st 11am-11pm... check watch...it's 9:40pm...WOOHOO! It's DEAD but hey it's OPEN and they make pizza on demand anyways. So we get a table and take forever to decide what we want and I can already feel the pressure from our server. I can honestly say I've never been served so quickly EVER! I got my meal before finishing my salad, our plates were taken away before I even swallowed my last bite and the bills dropped off without being offered dessert and my friend (aka FRIEND!) was not even half-way through her meal. It was barely 10:30pm...what's the RUSH??? The BEST was when she came back (the server who shall remain anonymous) to ask us (while grabbing our glasses) if we were done with our drinks. We couldn't really say no because she was already walking away with them. That peeps was the icing on the cake! (and we didn't even get offered any) My companions and I burst out laughing and agreed we'd never been served so ridiculously. She did not get a thank-you or a happy new year for kicking us out so abruptly. We weren't even the last ones in the restaurant! SHEESH!!! HOW RUDE!!! Nevertheless it was a night to remember and laughs shared with good friends. I'm home now, my brother is having a party, it's 11:50pm and I'm about to go watch Dick and his ball drop (no pun intended I swear). Only in Sudbury can you go out to celebrate NYE and be home before the clock strikes 12.

All that to say that celebrating the holidays isn't about what you do, it's about who you spend them with and the laughs you share because we are all so busy nowadays and these are the moments that matter because they seem to be too far and to few in between. I hope you all got to celebrate with people you love - there is no better way to start a new year.

HAPPY 2011 EVERYONE!!!

xoxo ME

No comments:

Post a Comment