Thursday, April 22, 2010

In the running for KFC's "Xtra Crispy"

All day long these BRILLIANT blogging ideas fill my head and I should really jot them down because one day I will sit here and have nothing to say. (Unlikely, but possible...) So now I sit here catching a tan at the window in Starbucks (yes, I've taken good care to switch sides so that I don't leave here looking like two-face) and listening to jazz and enjoying my own company. Sadly there are no interesting people to watch here right now so I guess I'll have to keep myself entertained by talking about my efforts to live GREEN (it is Earth Day afterall).

I recycle almost EVERYTHING. I remember a time when only #1 was recyclable in this city and I must say I'm so proud to say we've caught up and recycle everything except #4 and 7? Something like that, I just throw everything in the recycle bin - it all goes in one large heap (tin, plastic, paper etc...) to the sorting facility anyways. No more home sorting - WOOT WOOT

I do not compost but I do have a Garborator. I will NEVER live without one. It is vital to my existance and my sanity, one step below the coffee maker.

I drive a Jetta TDI which is hugely economical on fuel.

I have reduced my shower time from 30 min - 20 min (and on a good day 15)

I don't watch tv (so I never leave it running) and unless I forget, I always turn off my lights.

I eat organic when I can (unless it's 10x the price) and I'm all for using reusable cups at my favourite coffee houses.

I do alot of shamefully un-green things, print most of my work emails (mostly out of laziness) but I am getting better and I know I'm WAY better than most. So that helps me sleep at night. Speaking of which, I've been sitting here way too long and my posterior is getting numb. My frappuccino is empty and my work here is done. Time to call it a night!

Happy Earth Day and please throw your paper cups in the recycle and NOT out your window!!! THANK YOU :)

p.s. On a totally random note - if you haven't checked out KFC's new concoction I bid you to take a gander at the "Double Down" Bacon Sandwich on Fried Chicken "bread" and then go throw up. If that's not a cure to a hangover - I don't know what is....

1 comment:

  1. OH Amy, my most favourite Patton Oswalt clip. Enjoy!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tfan5MacmsI

    ReplyDelete