Saturday, June 26, 2010

Et maintenant nous allons travailler l'hippopotame (Adventures with MooReece con't)

What better way to spend my last week in Antibes (and thus my last week in the Riviera) than by plastering my self in the Sun and lazing on the beach every afternoon? Yes my tan is FANTASTIC!! I finally made it to the beach and got to swim and bob around in the Mediterranean. Plans to go to Ste Marguerite (island with the Chateau where Louis XVs twin brother - Man in the Iron Mask anyone? was help captive) were delayed due to the USA World Cup game and then cancelled because of a day long strike across the country. Don't ask! So that just meant MORE time on the beach. Although dissapointed I never made it to the island, it's been REALLY REALLY hot here this last week and the beach is the #1 place to be. I even painted my fingers and toes :)

On the sad side, Wednesday was my last night in Sophia Antipolis and my last night at Fitlane. I REALLY wanted to get on stage for PUMP but started to worry because Joel was apparently running late (it must be a male instructor thing....) or not coming and I hadn't had a chance to ask him on Monday because I was running late. Happily he barged in and started setting up and I asked if I could accompany him and he was more than happy to oblige. I think I literally started to glow at that point I was soooo excited. So I set up my station on the stage next to him (on his left which is weird cause I'm always on the right at home) and he got me to do "la mise en place" avec mon accent canadien. I started to panic because I had NO IDEA what the heck he was talking about and he's urging me on and I'm like "THINK AMY THINK!!!" and it hit me...Set Position and Intro. Having been put on the spot like that made every giggle because I was trying to think of how to say my "shpeel" in french. Poitrine fiere? I have NO IDEA! Joel seemed to approve so it couldn't have been so bad...albeit I was nervous LOL. It was AWESOME! The class was PACKED - close to 40-45 people all cheering me on and laughing at my funny accent. I'm sure they're all thinking "She sure likes to WOOHOOO alot!" hahahaha

After PUMP was ATTACK and this week Magali let me teach Intervals and POWER track! Not only that but she complimented me on my awesome energy and great technique! AHA!!! Made my trip COMPLETE :) "Au Canada on saute plus haut et on pousse PLUS fort, AAAALLLLLLEZZZZ les francais AAAAALLLLLEEZZZ touchez le plafond!" (and I actually did during air jacks - hit the roof I mean....the stage is really high and I'm a giant in the Riviera). I said my au revoirs to my French Pat and Jaime and said I would be back one day... who knows if they ever séjourn au Canada I told them to look me up! hahaha and THEY will be the ones with the jolie accent :)

Now I'm done working out until sometime in my first week in Paris. I'm not gaining too much weight but the excess of carbs and the major lack of protein is definitely taking a toll on my tone and definition. Can we all say CARB DETOX when I get home? Nothing but chicken breast and vegetables until Xmas!

One last WOOT WOOT for my Les Mills International performances! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment