Tuesday, June 8, 2010

"WOOHOO!" en français = "ALLER!" (Adventures with MooReece con't)


My search for a gym that has real LMI programs has finally come to an end. Last night MooReece and I took the Bus #10 upto Sophia Antipolis to go find Fitlane. I was informed that it was only a 2 minute walk from the bus depot up there (but I was not told in which direction). Of course I had 3 to pick from. So I "eenie meenie miney" it and start walkin'. In no time I'm in a town square but no gym in site and of course no map. AWESOME! So I keep going until I see someone coming towards me and ask for directions. Low and behold I was going in the right direction and Fitlane was literally around the next bend. More like 5 minutes from the bus depot.

I walk in and ask for the lady I had been in contact with but she was teaching. So I waited. I sat and read LMI pamphlets in French and learned the names of the tracks and moves en français. The colours of Fitlane are Red and White (sound familiar?) Very nice place actually - quite new I would think. So I finally meet with Magali and I get signed up for a much reduced price with the "ok" to get on stage when if I want to. WOOHOO!! PUMP wasn't until 630 so I hung around town and made my way back. They have the cool plates with handles which are SO MUCH easier to handle (except the DONS... the DONS still SUCK LOL!) The instructor taught 73 so I knew it all and it was just so nice to be back on familiar ground (even if he was calling everything out in French). Note a "single" is a "siingel" hahaha and "WOOHOO!" is "ALLER!!!" (for those of you dying to know). I followed it up with RPM! Like Sudbury PUMP and RPM seem to rule the schedule so I have LOTS to pick from...but only 2 ATTACK. I did RPM and PUMP tonight again but in reverse order. It's good to be back!!

Tomorrow I'm ATTACKING - I can't wait to hear/learn all the french lingo. Too much FUN!!! The instructors seem to look at me like I'm from a different planet though (maybe it's my Celine Dion accent.... yes they keep telling me I talk like Celine! Too bad I don't sing like her too. EESH!) The instructing is really strong, cuing and technique dominate here whereas fitness magic (fellow instructors know what I'm talking about) is seriously lacking. I will cut them some slack for now, I've only done 4 classes... stay tuned for an update!

Going back to Monaco tomorrow. Where the streets are paved with Rolls Royces and Ferraris :)

À la prochaine!

p.s. Today's cooking "class" was Ratatouille and "fleurs de courgettes". Although the flowers can only be purchased at this time of year, Ratatouille is FANTASTIC and I will definitely be making is often at home :) WOOT WOOT!

No comments:

Post a Comment