Monday, June 14, 2010

My name is Amy and I am Cannedian! (Adventures with MooReece con't)




After much debating MooReece and I decided to stick closer to home this weekend (as a trip to Avignon would have been mostly spent on a train). Instead we opted to spend the day in Cannes. We had only walked through it on the way from the port to the train station and with our very packed schedule (I hate going to sleep because there is still so much to do and so little time to do it in) and I really wanted to see it before I left. Can't come to the Riviera and not visit the city of the biggest movie festival in the WORLD! Did I mention there was a 16h30 Power Yoga class on the Fitlane schedule in Cannes - SOLD!

Originally the plan was to tackle it solo but I invited 2 friends from class (I got 2 free passes with my membership) to explore the city with me and hit up some Yoga and they were more than thrilled at the opportunity. What a FANTASTIC DAY! Probably one of our best days here, if not EVER! We got there just before 9 and spent the entire day exploring the city, museum de la Castre (filled with ancient artifacts from cultures all over the world from ancient greco-roman and egyptian times to more recent North American and Inuit hunting tools - best museum I've been to yet! So many amazing things...OH and a tower climb with the most breathtaking view - a 360 panoramic view of Cannes and the Mediterannean - INSANE) and EATING! We discovered 2 VERY HAPPY places: 1 charcuterie (butcher shop/prep food shop) with all these French specialties. I of course had Quiche, Ratatouille and Lentil Salad :) Best lunch of LIFE! 2 was this chocolatier/patisserie with the most BEAUTIFUL and AMAZING deserts we've EVER SEEN! (Pictures to come...) We purchased our treasures and headed to the park overlooking the port and stuffed our faces and watched people play Pétanque (Bocci). Three very happy girls and a toy cow were very much LOVING LIFE! Doesn't get ANY BETTER. Did I mention there was a market there too? There are markets ANY and EVERYDAY in any town you go to. Definitely the place to be if you're a bargain hunter :)

Yoga was next on the agenda. What a treat! What a challenge... not only have I not done Yoga in FOREVER, I really had to concentrate when she would say things like "Chien à tête renversé". I was so relaxed at the end of those 90 minutes of bliss I fell asleep during meditation. The three of us (yes MooReece sat this one out) walked out of there completely blissed out. We finished with a little shopping and all bought an item from this Rock N Roll store - a very SUCCESSFUL expedition indeed!

Sunday was hiking and seakayaking from Theoule sur Mer to La Trayas (just beyond Mandelieu La Napoule)...if that means NOTHING to you...no worries, it doesn't mean much to me other than yet ANOTHER beautiful spot along the coast. We hiked for 3 hours or so and picnicked up in the mountains. Everything here is STUNNING! I thought Canada was beautiful (and don't get me wrong - it IS and I LOVE IT!) The hike made me feel like I was back home again, in my comfort zone, doing what I love most. The only thing missing was my BFF. Next time I decide to go "find myself" in another country, I'm bringing you with me (you know who you are!) LOL! We hiked to a beach in La Trayas where we rented kayaks and I took off Adam vanKoeverden style to explore the coast. Definitely not Lac Cache let me tell you. Thank goodness I'm an avid canoe/kayaker because the waves are BIG!!! It was bumpier than the Beast at wonderland after a rainstorm! We got to go out for about an hour and about 35-40min in the seasickness started to sink in. NOT PLEASANT because now I'm like 2 miles away and the waves only seem to be getting bigger. (Note to self: next time - GRAVOL!) I was quite happy to get back to shore. Took a nap on the beach and finished off the day bobbing about in the salt water. I CAN FLOAT!! I can see why all you bobbers love it so much. What a COOL feeling.

"And look Ma! NO NOODLE!" ;)

Loving LIFE but missin' y'all (just a bit)... à bientôt!

No comments:

Post a Comment