Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Geries Say the Darndest Things

I had every intention of yammering on about the rediculous celebritization of Sarah Palin today (it drives me up the WALL!) However, in my attempt to look "busy" I got to cath up on some funny videos sent to me via email (apprently my coworkers are just as "busy" looking "busy").

What did we do before YouTube and other broadband media? There is literally a flurry of new stuff hitting the WWW every nanosecond and each one seems to be funnier/more rediculous than the next. I'm definitely not complaining, with 2 jobs, I rarely revel in the privilege of plunking myself in front of the tube unless it's to get my daily fix of Seamus O'Reagan with my morning bowl of Kashi! What better way to start the day than with random crazy people doing absurd things you couldn't even dream up, much less imagine ever doing?

My grandparents are all sadly passed away now but I appreciate spending time with other seniors as much now as ever. In my opinion their humour (intentional or not) is by far the funniest material out there. They call it like they see it (just like kids) only they have eons of life experience to throw in the mix. Even the grumpiest of old foggies (and I mean that with the utmost respect and admiration - I will be there one day too, hopefully) are HILLARIOUS when you spend a little time with them. So much can be learned in the most entertaining way imaginable. This video from the Ellen DeGeneres Show (see link) is absolutely worth the 6 or 7 minutes and I promise you will NOT be dissapointed.

http://www.boreme.com/boreme/funny-2007/ellen-gladys-hardy-p1.php?emf=1

My words of wise-dom for the day: start your day with a laugh and end it with a glass of pinot (name your colour) and all your day's woes will fade away (at least until you wake up in the morning and start all over again!)

No comments:

Post a Comment