Saturday, July 3, 2010

"Don't worry, one day it will go from AWEFUL to AWESOME!" HAHAHA (Adventures with MooReece con't)


So for those of you lucky enough to not have your inboxes flooded with my daily rantings and ravings you may or may not know that my first few days in Paris have been slightly overwhelming. I've been here 3 days now and I can definitely say I'm glad I went to Antibes first! I thought I went a little cuckoo (ok I did go a little cuckoo) in my first week here in France in the itty bitty town of Antibes - time went by slower than a snail at the Indy 500. I feel like I going through that overload all over again only this time because I'm much more familiar with the inner workings of the French I am much more comfortable communicating and getting around. I have 4 weeks of French Language and Culture in the Riviera to thank for that and so instead of going through a week or so of madness, it's day 3 and I feel SO MUCH BETTER! My head is still a little swollen but ibuprofen is my friend and my blisters are finally calissed and after figuring out transit systems for a number of different european cities, the Paris metro is a piece of cake! I am still anxious to get home because everyday seems to take me further away from my reality and I remember less and less what life back home is like. That being said, I'm comfortable here now - I will have a routine again in a few days and time will fly by no doubt!

We spent the first few days in orientation and today took a bus tour of the city visiting all the major sites. Paris itself is not very big, like everything else in France, it all leads to the centre (i.e. Champs Elysee). Class starts on Monday and runs Monday-Thursday 1-4 and I will be studying French History through Architecture (for those of you who didn't know or couldn't remember). We were informed that most of our class time will be spent OUT of the classroom visiting the architecture we will be studying. I know - ROUGH isn't it? Well it is if it's as hot as it was yesterday. At least the classroom is air conditionned.

I have alot of things booked and planned but kept some nights open too because we will have homework (and maybe even papers to write) GASP! Once we get our syllabus I will be in better shape to know what I can do and when, what to go see that I won't get to see in class etc... I will also be going to runs most mornings in Jardin Luxembourg and Tulleries (around the Louvre). I found this run through the city that will take me from my apartment to the Champs Elysee (7 km or so) but I'm not sure how running in the city will be. I will walk it on Monday and see what it's like and go from there. And of course SHOPPING! There is so much to see and do that my brain is on overload right now wanting to get it all in. I'm already missing my PUMP/RPM/ATTACK dates and I will try to find a gym to let me on stage here - but I'm not going to hold my breath. Although I should find out when they release here and go check it out... hm....or go find Wolverine!

No comments:

Post a Comment