Sunday, July 25, 2010

SeNsOrY oVeRlOaD!!! mY hEaD iS aBoUt To ImPlOdE!!! (Adventures with MooReece and Jill)



For those of you who are interested to know what the heck my newest album is about let me first tell you that I have no idea myself. I'm of course referring to my photo album called "Twilight zone meets MJ sick dream" which is a collection of photos my Paris bestie Jill and I took on an evening expedition of Parc de la Vilette.

Why Parc de la Vilette you ask? I mean there are so many things to see and do in Paris, why go to some random park no one has really ever heard of? Well my friends, that's exactly WHY I suggested to go there. You see, Jill and I are SICK of SIGHT-SEEING! She's been to Paris several times already and seen everything SEVERAL times already and well I've been here almost 2 months (but it feels like 2 years) and I'm done with the museums and the expositions and lineups and the TOURISTS! In all honesty I wasn't much into that in the first place. Luckily for me I get to see most of the cool monuments and sites through my class and so that frees up my time to do things that I WANT to do. Like?? Explore the parks around the city. I had read in one of my travel books (books I've rarely ever used other than to check off things that I've seen) about this Parc de la Vilette and the unique scultures that can be found there. Not much else was explained. Furthermore, in class that day the professor mentionned the park and the science centre that is adjacent and said if we had time it's worth the trip up line 7 to go check it out. Again, not much detail given so I just assumed (NEVER ASSUME FOLKS!) that it was a park, just like every other park, with statues etc in it, only that these would be modern as opposed to classical etc etc...

So after scoring 10 points for my excellent flirting with my favourite "perfect parisian specimen" I throw out the suggestion to Jill that we go chillax in this parc de la Vilette as we were both on the border of falling asleep standing up. The photo album of randomness is the result of our impromptu "chillaxing" in the park.

Needless to say from the second I seen the giant reflective sphere behind this George Pompidou-like centre I was in LOVE! I mean it's the SPHERE!!! It has the capability of manifesting all your dreams and desires (and also your worst nightmares - so tread carefully). With great power comes great responsibility! (Couldn't help myself, sorry). For those of you who haven't seen SPHERE - Movie night CHEZ MOI when I get home! Warning now - I know almost every line! Anyways... if that wasn't cool enough we see directional signs pointing to various things (that we have no idea what they are) and we see one pointing to *Zenith*. You all know you would head in that direction ASAP! So we did... only to be mesmerized, magnitized, confuzzled and befuddled around every corner. NOTHING in this park is normal. NOTHING is this park makes sense. NOTHING in this park is logical. It is a pure mish-mash or randomness thrown onto something like 55 hectars of land. There is a giant water mill. A giant bicycle that is 2/3 burried in the ground. Oodles of red climbing structure thingies (one with cows on it). Spinney chairs! WEEEEEEEE!!!! A field to watch outdoor movies. What else... oh gosh our brains were on sensory overload! But we continued on in search of this "Zenith" following the signs as instructed until we ended up back where we started with a sign pointing back to where we had just come from. WHAT THE?!?!?!?!?! How do you miss something called the "Zenith"? It's got to be pretty impressive to be called that "n'est-ce-pas?" Well apparently not... or maybe we just weren't endowed with the magical powers necessary to experience it?

We walked into an exhibit called "Le reve americain" which was a series of lifelike statues of people in different ages and professions all "living the american dream" but not as "dreamy" as the rest of the world makes it out to be. It was quite a depressing exhibit. Fascinating and fantastic but sombre. We left Vilette scratching our heads and we still laugh about it. We will never forget our impromptu promenade through one of the strangest and most RANDOM places ever! T'was a GREAT adventure for sure!

p.s. Why would you need to strap a lawn chair to the back of your bicycle?

No comments:

Post a Comment