Thursday, July 29, 2010

Never Judge a Book By Its Cover - unless it's a picture book that is... (Adventures with MooReece and Hippoppotame)

My shuttle picks me up in 6 hours, I'm packed, the apartment is clean and I've said goodbye to my loved ones (or rather "see you later, alligator"). Despite doing all of that, and enjoying a wonderful farewell meal of Falafel and Pantheon Ice Cream and knocking back the last of my Kronenbourg, I'm still not believing that this fairytale is coming to an end.

Paris has been a hard sell but she's quite the saleswoman! I came here in the mother of all heat waves, starting a cold and my wisdom teeth piercing through and I all but threw in the towel before even giving the city a chance to prove herself. Luckily I had my beautiful friends (old and new) to keep me afloat until I sucked it up princess and started having fun. The old adage "you never know what you have until it's gone" is so very TRUE! I just spent the last 4.5 weeks LIVING IN PARIS! I mean I walk by Notre Dame everyday, the Louvre like it's no big deal. The Eiffel is a bore... heck I don't even bother going to see the Arc de Triomphe until my last day! And so now that I'm leaving I just want to chain myself to one of those palm trees at Paris Plage and stay here forever! I just needed to cut Paris some slack, it can't be easy being the most tourist infested city on EARTH! I blamed the city, but it's not Paris' fault. Paris is perfect and charming and beautiful (minus the ickiness...) and just wants to be loved like everyone else.

Et bien Paris, je t'aime de tout mon coeur et on se reverra bientot!

Tu me manqueras!

xoxo Amy et MooReece (et maintenant Hippoppotame :))

No comments:

Post a Comment