Thursday, July 15, 2010

Great Oscar's Ghost! Is that a 2-floor Starbucks? (Adventures with MooReece con't)


Ok so maybe I've been too harsh on this little city I'm currently inhabiting. It is the resting place of Oscar Wilde and Jim Morrison afterall, so it can't be all bad. I'm just critical because I come from the most beautiful city on EARTH! HA! Maybe not, but it is cleaner and even when something goes wrong at INCO (which is finally no longer on strike - praise heaven!) I'm convinced the air is still cleaner than the best of days in the metro. GROSS!

One thing that kicks Sudbury Ontario's butt? STARBUCKS at almost EVERY metro exit! So no matter how tired (and I'm TIRED!) I get and how sick of the heat and annoyed with the people that I get, a smile is waiting for me at the next stop. Can you say WOOHOO? Currently I'm plunked on the 2nd floor (that's right the 2ND FLOOR) of the nicest (albeit not the cleanest) Starbucks I've ever been to. I know, I KNOW, I shouldn't be indulging in North American capitalism at its finest, and I should be sipping café or noisettes or viennois at any of the thousands of café or brasseries at my disposal but believe you me, when you are a 6 cup at day girl, those Barbie doll sized serving containers (I refuse to call those things cups) just don't cut the mustard. "It's about quality, not quantity" they say and for the most part that is true, but when you are a junkie, you cannot train your brain to believe that 5ml of caffeine is enough when you're used to consuming 500ml (and for the same price, if not MORE!) So I sit here with my Grande Soy Chai The Latte and I people watch and I'm much happier than I was 10 minutes ago. In my defence, there were NO Starbucks whatsoever in the Riviera and I was forced to drink 1 itty bitty espresso per day until I found instant coffee. Mmmmmm NOT! My Matante Annette would NEVER survive here. SORRY MATANTE!

This is for Jaime: THANK YOU for turning me into a junkie! But the seat across from me is awefully lonely regardless... (and as I look around - like I do in every Starbucks - no sign of the stalker yet...HAHAHAHAHAHA)

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment